Dr. Yao received her undergraduate degree in Biology with a minor in Chemistry from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. She earned a Doctor of Medicine from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society. Dr. Yao completed her residency training in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. Thereafter, she underwent fellowship training in Microvascular Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Dr. Yao’s clinical interests include both aesthetic surgery and complex reconstruction of all body areas. She has a particular interest and advanced training in oncologic microsurgical reconstruction as well as plastic surgery technology, including computer modeling and robotic-assisted surgery.
IN THE NEWS:
- A successful direct-to-implant and pre-pectoral implant placement surgery performed by Dr. Yao helps a mom get home to bond with her newborn.
- Dr. Yao treats a transgender woman for breast cancer that developed from her textured impants. Read the Daily News story here.
- Dr. Yao shares her opinion in regards to the benefits and cons of Robotic Mastectomies in the US and if they are the future of breast cancer surgery.
- In WABC, Dr. Yao shares her experience helping breast cancer survivor, Connie, and how surveillance after implants is not only important in the transgender community, but for everyone.
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel
- Mount Sinai Morningside
- The Derfner Foundation Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Mount Sinai Brooklyn
- Mount Sinai Queens
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai
- Mount Sinai West