Mark E Pruzansky, MD
Hand Surgery, Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery
Dr. Mark Pruzansky holds three Board certifications in hand surgery, orthopedic sports medicine and orthopedic surgery. This places him among the very few elite hand surgeons in the United States and the world (2.1%, February 2018) who have earned these distinctions and seamlessly blends the principles of sports medicine into the specialty of hand, wrist and elbow surgery. He specializes in fractures and microsurgery, as well as arthroscopic and minimally invasive reconstructive surgery of complex problems of the upper extremity.
Dr. Pruzansky graduated with Honors from both Columbia College and the Mount Sinai School of Medicine Orthopaedic Program in New York. As a hand surgery Fellow in San Francisco, where he was certified in microsurgery, he studied under one of the country’s most renowned pioneers of joint replacements for arthritic fingers and wrists. As a hand surgery Fellow in New Orleans, Dr. Pruzanky studied with one of the Fathers of adult reconstructive hand and wrist surgery, who was also a founder of congenital deformities surgery. He then further his study of sports medicine and arthroscopic surgery at the Southern California Orthopaedic Institute in Van Nuys. His clinical and laboratory investigations of joint abnormalities from the clavicle, to the elbow, to the wrist and hand have added dramatically to patient’s mobility.
Getting patients back to the activities they love is Dr. Pruzansky’s primary goal. This includes patients of all ages from infancy through adulthood, including athletes of all levels of ability. His unique educational website enhances patient understanding and aids in optimizing their recovery. He has been cited in “Best Doctors of New York”, New York magazine. He is on the faculty of the Mount Sinai School of Medicine in the Division of Orthopaedic Hand Surgery. He has lectured to medical students and physicians locally and nationally. Dr. Pruzansky is a member of the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, the International Federation of Societies for Surgery of the Hand, the New York Society for Surgery of the Hand, and the Orthopaedic Research Society, and has published numerous scientific articles on hand and wrist surgery and sports injuries.
His clinical interests include minimally invasive and arthroscopic surgery of the hand, wrist and elbow, endoscopic carpal tunnel release, distal radius fractures and arthritis surgery, scaphoid nonunions, microsurgery and tennis elbow.
- Listed in 2018 Castle Connolly Top Doctors profile
- Cited in “Best Doctors in New York Hand Surgery”, New York magazine
- New York Super Doctors 2018
- Mount Sinai Medical Center certificate for commitment to excellenceand patient care, September 2009
- Faculty member of the Hand and Upper Extremity service Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, Mount Sinai Medical Center (http://www.mountsinai.org/)
- Certified in hand surgery and orthopedic sports medicine (https://www.abos.org/moddefault.aspx) in addition to orthopedic surgery by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, top 2.1% of hand surgeons, January 2018 (member of the Alpha Omega Alpha honor medical society American Society of Surgery of the Hand)
- Member of the Orthopaedic Research Society (http://www.ors.org/web/index.asp)
- Alumnus of Columbia College of Columbia University
- American Medical Association (http://www.ama-assn.org/) Physician's Recognition Award
- Mount Sinai Beth Israel
- The Mount Sinai Hospital