Accepting New Patients
Accepting New Patients
Mark J Klion, MD
Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery
No Patient Experience Ratings
Book an Appointment
Dr. Mark Klion is a Board Certified Orthopedic Surgeon with specialty training in sports medicine. After receiving a Bachelors degree from St. Lawrence University, he went on to obtain his medical degree from the Mount Sinai School of Medicine. He completed his residency in Orthopedic Surgery at the Mount Sinai Hospital. He then completed a fellowship in Sports Medicine at the University of Chicago. During this year, he gained specialization in arthroscopic surgery and reconstructive knee and shoulder surgery. Dr. Klion is a clinical instructor at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine and is an active member of the Shoulder and Sports Medicine Service. He is an active educator for the medical school and the Department of Orthopedic Surgery. He is also the Director of Orthopedics at St Barnabas Hospital in Bronx, NY, A level 2 Trauma Center. Dr. Klion performs the newest techniques for Knee, Shoulder, and Hip arthroscopy including cartilage repair, regeneration, meniscal transplantation, and labral repairs Dr. Klion has extensive experience with arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs and shoulder stabilization procedures. He has extensive experience in fracture care and management. Dr. Klion’s outside interests include triathlon participation that has led him to participate in 11 Ironman triathlons including Hawaii Ironman 2000 and 2001. He has completed 15 marathons in addition to many ultra distance running and biking races. He serves as the Medical Director for the New York City Triathlon. He has published numerous articles on sports medicine issues and has appeared on both regional and national radio and television programs. He is active in the triathlon and endurance community providing lectures about sports medicine related issues to local clubs and groups. Press:
- TV Appearances:
- 10/07 NBC Dr Max Gomez: Marathon Tips.
- 1/1/08 NY1: Benefits of Stretching.
- March 10,2008 ESPN Radio. Overuse Baseball Injuries.
- November 2006 NY Jets Radio.
- 10.10.07 Sound Health 88.5 FM Sheri Lawson.
- 1.08.08 Jim Krandell KHTK sacramento calif sports injuries.
- Take that, body fat! Nintendo’s Wii is getting video game players off the couch and into a mini-workout
- Big Red Alumni Speak Out By Dan O’Neill, ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH 10/28/2007.
- Stretching. Daily News, May 3 2007.
- Groin Injuries. Daily News, June 6,2007.
- The Mount Sinai Hospital