Michael A Schumacher, DPM
Michael Schumacher, DPM is a podiatric surgeon board certified by the American Board of Podiatric Surgery. He is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons and is the former chair of the medical advisory committee of the United States Squash Racquets Association.
He graduated from the University at Stony Brook in 1986 and the Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in 1993. He completed a three-year podiatric surgical residency at the Wyckoff Heights Medical Center in Brooklyn, NY, a major teaching affiliate of the NY Presbyterian Hospital network. The emphasis of the training was on foot and ankle reconstructive surgery, as well as non surgical treatment of other foot disorders, such as fungal and other dermatological problems, as well as sports medicine training.
Dr. Schumacher has been in private practice since finishing his surgical training in 1996. He feels his hands-on, personalized approach to patient care sets him apart from other practitioners in the tri-state area. His outside interests include playing squash, tennis and paddle tennis.
Same or Next day Appointments are available.
For more information, please see his website, www.centralparkpodiatry.com
Areas of Interest:
- Bunions/hallux valgus/hallux rigidus
- Diabetic Foot Care
- Heel Spurs and plantar fasciitis
- Morton's neuroma
- Foot and ankle sprains and strains
- Foot Fractures/Stress Fractures
- Foot Surgery
- Sports/Exercise Injuries
- Emergency foot care, including fractures and sprains Podiatric sports medicine including Digital scanning for custom foot orthotic fabrication Digital x-ray (on location) Diagnosis and treatment of all toenail problems, including fungal infections
- The Mount Sinai Hospital
- Mount Sinai Morningside and Mount Sinai West